Updated 24th May 2018
These Terms and Conditions of Use (the “Terms”) apply to any and all websites (the “Sites”) run by Helena Biosciences Europe, whether hosted at www.helena-biosciences.com, or under any other domain name, irrespective of whether having been arrived at via a link (“URL”) supplied by Helena Biosciences Europe or any other party. All Helena Biosciences Europe Sites are the sole property of Helena Laboratories (UK) Limited trading as Helena Biosciences Europe.
Specifically, this policy describes how Helena Biosciences Europe collect and use personal data, operate our websites and use personal data for operational purposes.
Collection of personal information
Personal information is defined as any data that can be used to uniquely identify an individual person. Helena Biosciences Europe collect the following personal information:
- When an online or customer sales account is created and used, we may collect a range of information including your name, department and role, email and telephone details, postal addresses and device or network IP address identifiers.
- Our online accounts also use personal information including passwords and other memorable information you have provided to be used to assist you in recovering your account in case of forgotten passwords.
- Our myHelena online service makes use of personal information specific to your professional role, including training programmes and expiry durations (which may have been set up by your local Helena Biosciences Europe distributor or representative, or alternately by your line manager or a member of Helena Biosciences Europe staff) and your history of training assessment results, and any educational or support requests you have made on behalf of your employer.
- Our TPP Store online accounts use personal data including your name, email and telephone details, postal and billing details, and purchase history. Credit card information is not stored by Helena Biosciences Europe in any form, but is managed directly by our online payment supplier.
- Our TPP Rewards online service extends our TPP Store account information with a historical record of any Rewards points you have personally added to, or redeemed from, your TPP Rewards account, including details of any Rewards gifts which you may have ordered.
- Enquiries, requests, registrations or other forms used across our online websites which you complete will collect a variety of details (many of which are specific to the form you have completed) including your name, job title, organisation, email and telephone contact information, product and professional interests, information relating to your employer and its profile of throughput, products and operations, and details of the information, services or products you may have requested.
- All of our online services and forms offer an opportunity to opt into our programme of marketing via our mailing list.
- Marketing contact preferences managed by the Helena Biosciences Europe Marketing department include your name, job title, email address, departmental and organisational names and mailing addresses, and the subjects which you have opted-in to.
- Customer (off-line) sales account information may include other personally identifiable data communicated by you or your colleagues to Helena Biosciences Europe as a result of interactions with Helena Biosciences Europe staff (by telephone, email, or other means) in the operation of your employer’s customer sales account.
You are not required to provide any personal information to Helena Biosciences Europe, in which case we may not be able to provide some or all of the services and facilities listed above.
Use of personal information
We may process personal information with consent for a variety of purposes as listed below:
- The normal operation of customer sales accounts, including for billing, product and support enquiries.
- The normal operation of our online services, including for registration, sign-in, account recovery and your interactions with the accounts.
- Enquiry information received via forms on our website and online services is used to allow us to respond to those enquiries, including the provision of services and products, the provision of information relating to our products, services and events, and for keeping you updated with relevant news and marketing in the future.
- Personal information may also be processed in aggregate to allow Helena Biosciences Europe to monitor and audit the effectiveness of our systems, products and services.
Helena Biosciences Europe do not share your personal information collected by us with any third-parties. See “Third-Party Services” for details of how anonymous online visitor tracking and credit card information may be collected on behalf of Helena Biosciences Europe.
Helena Biosciences Europe is a commercial manufacturer and supplier of IVD medical hardware, software, consumables and services, who engage in business-to-business relationships with our customers. We also collect and use a wider variety of non-personal information, typically used for the operation of customer sales accounts, including departmental, job role and organisational, financial and billing data. Although not considered to be personal information, when certain of these data are provided in conjunction with personally-identifiable information, we will consider these together to be personal information.
Helena Biosciences Europe make use of a small number of third-party services, primarily for the monitoring of patterns of web use and recording the effectiveness of certain other (third-party) online services. Our public website currently integrates three third-party services:
- Google Analytics: This is used to record and monitor patterns of usage of our online web pages. This may involve the recording of device-specific information such as IP addresses, web browser application details and other details including display size and language settings by Google, but Helena Biosciences Europe does not make use of this information other than in aggregate across many website visitors. We do not attempt to identify individual persons under any circumstances, nor do we operate any automated or manual decision-making policies as a result of any personal information collected via Google Analytics.
- LinkedIn Analytics: This is used to record and monitor patterns of usage of our online web pages. This may involve the recording of certain anonymous data such as public IP addresses, web browser or application details and other details including display size and language settings by LinkedIn, but Helena Biosciences Europe does not make use of this information other than in aggregate across many website visitors. We do not attempt to identify individual persons under any circumstances, nor do we operate any automated or manual decision-making policies as a result of any personal information collected via LinkedIn Analytics.
- SagePay: SagePay is our supplier of payment services for the TPP Store online account facility only. When a user makes a purchase on our TPP Store, the collection and processing of credit card details is managed entirely and securely by SagePay, and is not passed to Helena Biosciences Europe at any point.
Protection of personal information
All personal information stored by our online services is protected by a user name and password sign-in. All passwords are stored in encrypted form on our servers, which means that they are inaccessible, including to any Helena Biosciences Europe staff.
Helena Biosciences Europe strive to make use of commercial information where possible rather than personal information and have designed our online systems to collect as little personally-identifiable information as possible. In many cases, form fields which relate to personal information will be completely optional, and where the collection of personal information is required in order to provide the service or product, we will explain the reasons for this at the time.
Data relating to children and young adults
All of Helena Biosciences Europe’s services are restricted to professional use, and therefore we do not under any circumstances collect or use any data which is personally related to children or young adults under the age of 18.
Your right to access, update and delete personal data
Helena Biosciences Europe provide a web page via which you may request to see, update and remove any personal data we hold relating to you. Visit this link:
This page allows you to make a request under the relevant laws applicable in your country. Helena Biosciences Europe will respond to your request in a timely fashion.
Contact Helena Biosciences Europe
Helena Biosciences Europe
Team Valley Trading Estate,
Tyne and Wear,